The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

My Books of 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 am

I keep a list of the books I read each year, for so I can check if i forget. This was my list of completed books for this year. Came to about 46, not too bad. Some of the King's are re-reads, and I enjoyed all of them. The Taking ending was a letdown, other than that I would recommend all of them. What are some of your favorites you read this year?

Fiction

Stephen King

Night Shift
The Stand
Roadwork
The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
Different Seasons
Skeleton Crew
The Dark Half
The Stand
Four Past Midnight
Needful Things
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Insomnia
Rose Madder
Bag of Bones
Hearts in Atlantis
On Writing
Dreamcatcher
Black House
Everything’s Eventual
Cell
Lisey’s Story
Duma Key
Just After Sunset
Ur
Under The Dome

Michael Crichton

Timeline
Prey
State of Fear
Next

Clive Cussler

Sahara

Dean Koontz

Hideaway
Fear Nothing
Brother Odd
The Taking
Fear Nothing
The Husband
The Good Guy

Dani Kollin and Eyton Kollin

The Unincorporated War

Non-Fiction

Christopher Hitchens

God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
Thomas Jefferson: Author of America

Richard Dawkins

The Selfish Gene
The Ancestor’s Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution
The God Delusion
The Greatest Show on Earth
Back to top Go down
jared915

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 am

Still have to read Cell. lol. keep forgetting. well now i know what to do when i get bored. read them Stephen King books

gu!tarfury wrote:
God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything

Kinda chuckled a bit when i read that title. reminds me of our religion discussions on TS. lol
Back to top Go down
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:48 am

Yeah Jared, you can never go wrong with a King novel in my opinion. And the Hitchen's book is rather funny, lol, while serious at points also.

I know you like fantasy stuff also, be sure to check out The Dark Tower series by king, I'm currently reading book 4, man, those are hard to put down. If you read The Gunslinger, the first one, and don't really get into it, don't give up, book 2 and beyond are unbelievably good.
Back to top Go down
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 pm

easy on the Stephen King there man......... jesus i didnt know he had that many.
Back to top Go down
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:57 pm

hahhahaha, can you guess my favorite author? lol

He actually has around 45+ novels I think, and many many short stories. He has been writing professionally since the 70's.
Back to top Go down
jared915

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:33 am

what you recomend reading first fury?
Back to top Go down
Cwian
Administrator v.4
Administrator v.4
Cwian

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Problem is I've been waiting six years for my favorite author to publish his next book......................................................... and the damn thing keeps getting delayed and now im starting to get pissed off. BUT the good new is there making an HBO series outa it so now I have to go buy HBO.
Back to top Go down
gu!tarfury
Private - 1.3
Private - 1.3
gu!tarfury

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Jared, i would probably start with The Stand, be sure to get the re-released version, it's about 1000+ pages. You may want to start with Cell, see if you like his writing style, and it's a much shorter book. And, I will bet you will love the Dark Tower, be sure to go in order, Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger is the first. Tower is a mix of Fantasy and Horror, think of Lord of the Rings type quest.
Back to top Go down
jared915

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:56 am

ok. i remember you talking about cell. sounded really good. i do like Lord of the Rings. so guess Dark Tower is going to be a good book then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Books of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Books of 2010   My Books of 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Books of 2010
Page 1 of 1