The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

I need help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

I need help Empty
PostSubject: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:32 pm

I am looking into buying a computer with these specs..

HP 17.3" Pavilion Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
6-cell lithium-ion battery
AC adapter, power cord
Owner's manual
PRODUCT FEATURES

17.3" LED-backlit high-definition display
With BrightView technology and 1600 x 900 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
AMD Radeon HD 6480G discrete-class graphics
Feature up to 3061MB video memory for lush images and vivid detail. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.
Built-in webcam
Makes it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends.
Digital media card reader
Supports Secure Digital and MultiMediaCard formats.
3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN
For quick and easy wired Web connection.
Weighs 6.1 lbs. and measures just 1.2" thin
For portable power.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
ENERGY STAR qualified
Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
AMD, AMD Arrow logo, AMD Athlon, QuantiSpeed, AMD PowerNow! and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores
VISION Technology by AMD
Makes your digital photos and Web sites look amazing and gives a boost to digital music playback.
AMD Dual-Core A4-3300M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 6480G discrete-class graphics
For enhanced operation.
6GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
Blu-ray Disc-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
With read support for next-generation Blu-ray Disc (BD-ROM).

Is this worth it? I mean will it be another computer that can only run up to CoD1? lol
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:57 pm

How much does this cost and how much are you willing to spend on a new computer?
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:20 pm

this one is around 470, and i would like to get something for 400-500

any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

I'll get back to you with some suggestions.

If it was me, I wouldn't buy this laptop because I don't like AMD and ATI. My personal preference is Intel and NVIDIA.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:56 pm

SurkuS wrote:
I am looking into buying a computer with these specs..

HP 17.3" Pavilion Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
6-cell lithium-ion battery
AC adapter, power cord
Owner's manual
PRODUCT FEATURES

17.3" LED-backlit high-definition display
With BrightView technology and 1600 x 900 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
AMD Radeon HD 6480G discrete-class graphics
Feature up to 3061MB video memory for lush images and vivid detail. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.
Built-in webcam
Makes it easy to chat with and send video mail to family and friends.
Digital media card reader
Supports Secure Digital and MultiMediaCard formats.
3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet LAN
For quick and easy wired Web connection.
Weighs 6.1 lbs. and measures just 1.2" thin
For portable power.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
ENERGY STAR qualified
Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
AMD, AMD Arrow logo, AMD Athlon, QuantiSpeed, AMD PowerNow! and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores
VISION Technology by AMD
Makes your digital photos and Web sites look amazing and gives a boost to digital music playback.
AMD Dual-Core A4-3300M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 6480G discrete-class graphics
For enhanced operation.
6GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
Blu-ray Disc-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
With read support for next-generation Blu-ray Disc (BD-ROM).

Is this worth it? I mean will it be another computer that can only run up to CoD1? lol
First off, wow, lots of unneeded info here. Now there is a decent amount of system RAM, the CPU is a quad core so it's going to run at a decent speed but don't expect it to do a lot. The graphics card on the other hand is total crap from what I've found on it. So you can run newer games but you won't be able to run anything graphics intensive. This is why I always suggest getting a desktop for gaming and a laptop for school. At least with a desktop you can go upgrade it later if it starts showing any slowness. It has a blu-ray player, not bad.

SurkuS wrote:
this one is around 470, and i would like to get something for 400-500

any suggestions?
That isn't a very high cost, so don't expect it to play anything like Crysis 2 or MW3 or Black Ops 2. Generally if you want a good gaming laptop you have to go out and spend anywhere from 1k to 5k to get a really good one that won't need upgrading or replacing later in life. If this was a desktop that would be about what I would spend on entry parts before I go crazy and buy new top of the line parts.

Romanian wrote:

If it was me, I wouldn't buy this laptop because I don't like AMD and ATI. My personal preference is Intel and NVIDIA.
Odd to say because the real winner for choices between companies is AMD and Nvidia. Most hardcore gamers will choose AMD due to the fact that the AMD CPUs are insanely easy to overclock and you can get a higher overclock speed then Intel CPUs. Also Intel CPUs are generally way more expensive than AMD CPUs. Another thing is most AMD CPUs can run at a slower speed than Intel CPUs and are able to keep up with faster Intel CPUs. (Example my old single core AMD Athlon 3200+ can keep up with both Intel P4 CPUs of 3.2GHz and the first generation of Intel Duel Core CPUs of 1.8GHz while the AMD CPU itself is running at 2.0GHz).
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Rune wrote:
Romanian wrote:

Odd to say because the real winner for choices between companies is AMD and Nvidia. Most hardcore gamers will choose AMD due to the fact that the AMD CPUs are insanely easy to overclock and you can get a higher overclock speed then Intel CPUs. Also Intel CPUs are generally way more expensive than AMD CPUs. Another thing is most AMD CPUs can run at a slower speed than Intel CPUs and are able to keep up with faster Intel CPUs. (Example my old single core AMD Athlon 3200+ can keep up with both Intel P4 CPUs of 3.2GHz and the first generation of Intel Duel Core CPUs of 1.8GHz while the AMD CPU itself is running at 2.0GHz).
Really? I thought AMD and ATI/Intel and NVIDIA were made to run best together. I have the AMD Phenom II 910 processor and I was looking to upgrade it to an Intel i7 since I have the NVIDIA 550Ti 2GB graphics card.
Back to top Go down
creak
creak

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:18 am

Off-topic but i7's are really not made for gaming (assuming you're getting it for gaming). You'd be better off with an i5 2500k.
Back to top Go down
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Well, all I'm asking is for a computer.. for 400-500, that can run stuff up to CoD4 (Thats the highest CoD game I have for pc..) that can run smoothly, I dont even care about "insane" graphics, because I'm not willing to spend 5 grand on a computer
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

It should run CoD4 with no problems. Anything above that it might not without a better graphics card.
Back to top Go down
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Rune wrote:
It should run CoD4 with no problems. Anything above that it might not without a better graphics card.

Well, now my situation is, the offer was only for 12 hours then it went up 200.. and I was going to wait to see if you or romanian had a better deal so thats what I was going to go with, soooo.. are there any other options? or should I see if I can find that offer again..
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:53 pm

SurkuS wrote:
Rune wrote:

Well, now my situation is, the offer was only for 12 hours then it went up 200.. and I was going to wait to see if you or romanian had a better deal so thats what I was going to go with, soooo.. are there any other options? or should I see if I can find that offer again..
There are always good deals out there. I've been busy this weekend. I'll get back to you with some other laptops/desktops that you can pick from. (...and Rune can correct me if I'm wrong) Wink
Back to top Go down
SurkuS
Tdi || Member
Tdi || Member

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Romanian wrote:
SurkuS wrote:
Rune wrote:

There are always good deals out there. I've been busy this weekend. I'll get back to you with some other laptops/desktops that you can pick from. (...and Rune can correct me if I'm wrong) Wink

Thank you sir Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help   I need help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ownt Gaming Community :: Main :: Technology/Gaming-
Jump to: