The Ownt Gaming Community
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Welcome to The Ownt Gaming Community,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to viewing most discussions and other features of our website. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join our community today!

If you already have a account with us, simply log in.

Sincerely,
The Ownt Gaming Community Administration Team

**Please note that you must post an application and be accepted before you can put on Ownt Tags**
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Ownt Gaming Community Forums!

HomeHomePageLatest imagesMemberlistRegisterLog in
Hello All!
The Forums have been archived
>>> Click Here <<<
To Read all about it

possible computer build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

possible computer build Empty
PostSubject: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:54 pm

I got a little bored the other day and made a parts list online, and now it's the computer that i'm going to use for college, once it's built that is..

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ETPA
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 am

Personally, I would get an NVIDIA Video Graphics Card.
Back to top Go down
http://romanian-a.deviantart.com/
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:59 am

I forgot about NVIDIA for a bit there, I now have a GeForce GTX 650 on the list, it lowered the price as well.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 pm

I remember seeing a 660Ti on www.newegg.com that comes with a free copy of Assassin's Creed 3.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Senior Administrator v.5 TechGuru
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 9:59 pm

That CPU is junk, trade up to an AMD FX Chip, those are 8core CPUs at roughly the same cost. Get rid of both those shitty Radeon cards and grab a Nvidia 660ti card instead. Be a little more cost efficient and lower the size of the power supply from 1200 to 1000, most new parts actually use less power than older ones. Make sure that you get the 64bit version of Windows 7, it will let you expand up to 192GB of RAM (only if you go with the Pro version or Ultimate version). Also, just get a 3TB HDD and a 500GB HDD (to be used as backup). Grab an Asus motherboard over MSI. Ditch the sound card too, most mobos have them built on, spend the money on better speakers. If you can also change the brand of your RAM to either Kingston or Corsair.

Last edited by Rune on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 pm

exactly why i posted this on here, thanks for the input

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GshD

updated list
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Better CPU right here

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd8150frgubox
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

alrighty then,

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GsyI

now here's the better updated list :P
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 pm

Much better.
Back to top Go down
MAXMAN
Senior Member v.5
Senior Member v.5
MAXMAN

1000+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm

the graphics cards have 3way SLI support, would i be better off with the one or is it better with more than one.

EDIT: I also added gaming speakers to the mix, figured i might as well
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 pm

You only need 1 graphics card, SLI is more for people doing 3D modeling and video editing. Not as needed for gaming.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm

That's a good computer right there.

Don't get anything higher than Windows 7 Home Edition unless you really want Microsoft Office or are going to use 192GB of RAM anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Romanian wrote:
Don't get anything higher than Windows 7 Home Edition unless you really want Microsoft Office or are going to use 192GB of RAM anytime soon.
That is a crap thing to suggest, always spend the money on the best version of your OS, if he gets Ultimate not only gets Windows XP Mode (very needed if he wants to play older games), he also gets BitLocker which is very useful if his HDD fails at some point, it helps to protect your files so you can retrieve them and move them to a new HDD, it also helps prevent people from hacking onto your PC and taking files.
Back to top Go down
Romanian
Senior Administrator v.5
Senior Administrator v.5

CoD4 Leader
Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
4000+ Posts
CoD1 1.3 Player
CoD1 1.5 Player
CoD2 1.2 Player
CoD4 1.6 Player
CoD4 1.7 Player
Artist

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Rune wrote:
Romanian wrote:
That is a crap thing to suggest, always spend the money on the best version of your OS, if he gets Ultimate not only gets Windows XP Mode (very needed if he wants to play older games), he also gets BitLocker which is very useful if his HDD fails at some point, it helps to protect your files so you can retrieve them and move them to a new HDD, it also helps prevent people from hacking onto your PC and taking files.
I always thought it was just Microsoft putting extra business programs on it. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Hell-Fire

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:47 pm

OK Heres Some Suggestions

AMD Athlon Phenom 2 x4 Quad-Core
8GB DDR5 RAM
AtApi DVD/RW DL Drive
NVIDIA 430GT
Sound Blaster X-FitM
A Cold Soda/Beer(Depending On Your Age And Country Legal Drinking Age)

Edit: WAIT WAIT I JUST NOW READ THE LIST AND HOLY possible computer build 2zs5ymo I TAKE THAT BACK
Back to top Go down
Rune
Rune

Forum Administrator
Server Administrator
Tech Guru

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:51 am

Romanian wrote:
I always thought it was just Microsoft putting extra business programs on it. My mistake.
In many ways it is Microsoft putting extra stuff on it but in this case it's stuff that benefits everyone that uses it, that's why I suggest going with the higher version of W7.

PS: I deleted a number of posts in this thread, please note that I will delete most off-topic posts from here on out. If you have a problem with this you can bite me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible computer build   possible computer build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible computer build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ownt Gaming Community :: Main :: Technology/Gaming-
Jump to: